Service FormThermal Spray
MarketsAerospace & DefenseEnergyIndustrial
ApplicationsCoatingsDrilling ToolsFlow ComponentsLanding GearMiningPolymer ProcessingPump IndustrySurface Treatment
HaloJet ID HVOFTM
Abrasion and corrosion have long been life-limiting factors impacting tubular components such as landing gear, plastic extrusion and injection barrels, and downhole tools. While manufacturers have deployed a variety of coatings to extend component service life, options for protecting the inside diameter of tubulars have historically been limited to chrome plating. This limitation is a result of both the line of sight nature and excessive substrate heat transfer associated with legacy HVOF application systems. When a longer lasting coating, such as HVOF applied tungsten carbide/cobalt/chromium, is applied to the outside diameter of a part the chrome coated inside diameter quickly becomes the service life-limiting factor. Kymera’s proprietary HalotJet coating system solves this problem.
The HaloJet coating system uses state-of-the-art material processing and Kymera’s Adiabatic Flame Technology to maximize coating density and heat transfer to the coating alloy particle while minimizing heat transfer to the substrate material. These unique features allow the HaloJet application system to coat internal surfaces as small as 2.5” (63mm) while keeping substrate temperatures below 300°F (150°C).
For our landing gear customers, HaloJet is a REACh compliant coating eliminating prohibited or restricted hexavalent chrome or cadmium coatings from your supply chain.
Features & Benefits
- Maximum amount of thermal enthaply released prior to powder introduction reduces thermal energy transfer to substrate
- Small particle size allows high kinetic energy creating high bond strength
- Power level lower than competition (as compared to competitor range of 60 - 130 kW)
- Minimizes thermal energy transfer to substrate allowing application to temperature sensitive alloys
- Repeatable coatings on a wide variety of component sizes and geometries improves resultant quality
- Internal ventilation and dust extraction is more effective than stationary systems improving coatings quality
- Allows blind hole coatings (i.e. landing gear)
- Permits coatings of eccentric bores, asymmetric parts, components and attachments
- Can maintain consistent coating thickness on ID's as small as 2.5" (65mm)