Metal TypesHigh-Performance Coatings & Pastes
MarketsBuilding, Construction & InfrastructureIndustrial
ApplicationsAgricultureBulk Material ProcessingCoatingsConstructionConveyor TechnologyGrinding TechnologyMixing TechnologyPlastic ProcessingPump IndustryWoodworking Technology
The BrazeCoat® process enables the production of wear-resistant coatings for protecting the surfaces of components that are exposed to high levels of abrasion or erosion. The deposition brazing process under a protective atmosphere creates extremely hard compound layers which contain up to 70% by volume of fine-grained carbide particles, embedded in a metallic matrix. We offer:
- Cost-effective wear protection for small to medium sized components that require frequent replacement
- Two unique application methods:
BrazeCoat-M: proprietary braze mats applied to part and furnace brazed
BrazeCoat-S: proprietary braze suspension spray coated onto the part and furnace brazed
- In-house BrazeCoat® application development and custom engineered coating solutions
- BrazeCoat® materials and proprietary brazing processes are also available under mutually agreed technology license for higher volume applications
Applications include: agricultural shear bars & mixing blades, fertilizer spreader & baffle sheets, plastics processing, bulk material processing, mixing & milling technology, among others.
- BrazeCoat Mats
- BrazeCoat Suspension
- Provide excellent abrasive wear protection due to high hardness (up to 1180 HV).
- Exhibit high bond strength due to the formation of a metallurgical bond, high carbide content, and almost no dilution with the base metal.
- Cost-effective for small parts
Features & Benefits
- Provides wear resistance with high contour definition
- Extends service life of components
- Hard surface layer protects the quality of the component
- Results in a diffusion layer with strong metallurgical bond to the substrate
- Satisfies requirements of edge retention and resistance to abrasive and erosive wear