The unique properties of tantalum and niobium make them a perfect application for cutting tools and for use in such industries as automotive, energy exploration and metalworking. Providing both thermal and oxidation resistance, tantalum carbide and niobium carbide are also used as grain growth inhibitors in tungsten carbide and as intermediates in the cemented carbide process.
- Brown to dark brown powder having a cubic structure
- Density @ 14.3 g/cm3
- Melting point @ 3880 deg C
- Brown-gray metallic powder
- Extremely hard refractory ceramic material
- Density @ 7.82 g/cm3
- Melting point @ 3608 deg C